Date(s) - 01/24/2014 (Friday) - 01/26/2014 (Sunday)
Mohegan Sun Casino
From 1/24/2014 to 1/26/2014, the Mohegan Sun WineFest 2014 returns offering attendees the ability to sample hundreds of wines, beers, spirits (including bourbon!) food. Other events offered include a craft beer pairing and live celebrity chef cooking demonstrations and sampling.
Bourbon Tasting – A unique bourbon-inspired menu provided by Plan B, including a variety of fine bourbons, including Maker’s Mark, Booker’s, Knob Creek and Jim Beam. The night is finished with a Davidoff cigar (“The Adonis”), specifically created for Cigar of the Gods (Cromwell, CT).
Long Trail Craft Beer and Food Pairing (featuring cookbook author John Holl) – Vermont’s Long Trail Brewing Company partners with John Holl, the author of the recently released American Craft Beer Cookbook, offering a tasting of three dishes taken from recipes in the cookbook – all expertly paired with selections from Long Trail. Personally signed copies of The American Craft Beer Cookbook will be available for purchase.
WineFest Grand Tasting – Featuring hundreds of beers, wines, specialty spirits and food dishes, this weekend extravaganza will something for everyone. For a nominal fee foodies can sample signature dishes from the region’s most highly rated restaurants and quality food products from artisanal producers. The small charge for the sampling of signature dishes will help benefit Channel 3 Kids Camp.
WineFest Elite Cru Tasting – The opportunity to sample the “best of the best” vintages from around the world and to meet the winemakers and principals behind them. This is a offered to a limited audience in an intimate setting.
Celebrity Chef Dine Around – Join celebrity chefs Todd English, Robert Irvine, Jasper Whiteare and others for the evening as you visit the individual live cooking stations to watch these culinary masters, while enjoying the pairing of a premium wine, beer or crafted cocktail to complement each dish.
January 24, 2014 (Friday)
- Bourbon Tasting – From 6:00pm to 9:00pm for $90 per person.
- Long Trail Craft Beer and Food Pairing – From 7:00pm to 8:30pm for $50 per person.
January 25, 2014 (Saturday)
- Sun WineFest Grand Tasting – From 12:00pm to 5:00pm for $80 per person for a one day pass.
- Elite Cru Tasting – From 3:00pm to 5:00pm for $200 person, which includes a Saturday Grand Tasting ticket and a $50.00 gift certificate for igourmet.com.
- Celebrity Chef Dine Around – From 8:00pm to 11:00pm for $185 per person.
January 26, 2014 (Sunday)
- Sun WineFest Grand Tasting – From 12:00pm to 5:00pm for $70 per person for a one day pass.
It probably goes without saying; however, you must be 21 years of age or older to attend.
To purchase tickets, please visit Mohegan Sun Casino.